Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Unveiling the Title of Debut EP


I'm pleased to announce that my debut EP will be titled "fringes // ep01." Allow me to break it down:

"Fringes" is the name of one of the songs on the EP. It's a song that reflects on God as our Center. It explores how we sometimes find ourselves on the fringes of life, hurt and broken by our own choices, by others, and by circumstances of life. But in the midst of that darkness and wandering, we, the broken, can find hope in Jesus. That we, God's children, are invited to come from the fringes back to God.

Of the songs appearing on the EP, this song is the most personal for me, the song closest to the bone. It seemed, from the beginning, like this was the song that would define the EP. So, we're recording it, and it will be what it will be.

I also am using a subtitle of "ep01", because this is the first of what I hope will be a series of EPs that I release in the future. Rather than work forever on a 10-12 song album, I'm hoping to release shorter 3-6 song EPs from time to time. That way, I can get music out faster. I can also creatively explore different ideas thematically, musically, sonically, and more. I'm really excited about this approach. [And I'm indebted to my engineer/producer Christian Kemp for the idea].

I'm so excited to share fringes // ep01 with you soon. We are all working hard, and it's coming through in the music. I'll talk to you soon.

What do you think of the title? Leave a comment with your thoughts.

2 comments:

Aidan Rogers said...

Nice. Cryptic enough to draw me in, but simple enough to not push me away. Now, when can we hear the song?

Unknown said...

You know what I think of the title! This is one of my favorites (from what I've heard thus far). Love it!!